[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Mold allergy symptoms often start out very similar to hay fever and other allergy symptoms. However, with prolonged exposure, they are likely to get progressively worse. Even if mold is not the cause of your symptoms, it is helpful to know what those symptoms look like in case you become exposed to it in the future.
Also, these symptoms are nearly identical to other allergy symptoms. Therefore, it can be helpful to use Pollen Count information provided by your local weather station in order to determine what allergens are present in large quantities in your area that could be causing your symptoms.
While some people can be allergic to small amounts of mold spores in the air, almost anyone can become severely ill by prolonged mold exposure. Review the two lists below to determine which category your symptoms fall in.
The above symptoms most often occur as the result of increased mold spores in the air during the summer months. Mowing the grass, or doing yard work can cause mold spores to be put in the air.
The below symptoms are usually the result of prolonged mold exposure. This is more likely to occur when a person has been in a mold contaminated environment on and off for an extended period of time.
If your symptoms are occurring indoors, this could be an indication that mold is growing in your home or other areas. Mold often grows in damp & humid places such as basements, under sinks, or in walls. You should take immediate actions to remove and prevent the spread of mold growth.